Public Meeting and Opportunity for Public Comment on EPA's Draft Algae Guidance for the Preparation of TSCA Biotechnology Submissions
October 27, 2016
Old Main Building at Arizona State University
400 East Tyler Mall
8:00 am – 12:00 noon MST
Draft Charge QuestionsCharge Questions
- 1997 Points to Consider
- Eco Tier Testing Scheme Workshop Final Summary Document – 1994
- List of Biotech applications covered under TSCA (please see Table 2 on pages 30 & 31)
Suggested Background Reading
- Henley, W.J., R.W. Litaker, L. Novoveská, C.S. Duke, H.D. Quemada, and R.T. Sayre. 2012. Initial risk assessment of genetically modified (GM) microalgae for commodity-scale biofuel cultivation. Algal Research 2:66-77.
- Mentrez, M.Y. 2012. An overview of algae biofuel production and potential environmental impact. Environ. Sci. Technol. 46:7073-85.
- Snow, A. and V.L. Smith. Genetically engineered algae for biofuels: A key role for ecologists. Bioscience 62:765-8.